Georgetown Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

What seems be your hardest class?

Ks
5%
Civ Pro
35%
Torts
10%
Con Law
5%
Crim
No votes
LRW
10%
I'm in §3...
35%

Total votes: 20

theotherone823

Bronze

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Post by theotherone823 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:39 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Hey, wasn't our fall bill supposed to be posted today? Is it not there or am I just too dumb to find it?
It's posted but finding it is a bit of a pain. I kind of stumbled on it by accident.

1) Log into MyAccess
2) Go to "Student Services"
3) Click on "Student Account"
4) Click on "Student Account Services"
5) When the new page opens up, click on the "Student Account Services" button

That should take you directly to the bill

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:12 pm

theotherone823 wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:Hey, wasn't our fall bill supposed to be posted today? Is it not there or am I just too dumb to find it?
It's posted but finding it is a bit of a pain. I kind of stumbled on it by accident.

1) Log into MyAccess

Found it, thanks.

uncreative

New

Post by uncreative » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:23 pm

theotherone823 wrote:

1) Log into MyAccess

Thanks - I somehow missed the button and just clicked the link to the student accounts site.

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:36 pm

You should be able to see the bill through my access now. If you're paying with some cold hard cash you can call them up to get instructions to pay anytime.

nicholasavallone

New

Post by nicholasavallone » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Anybody know how we waive health insurance? There's the labeled "survey" thing in MyAccess, but when I try to click, it tells me no surveys are available. Also, are our refunds available as soon as we pay?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:00 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:You should be able to see the bill through my access now. If you're paying with some cold hard cash you can call them up to get instructions to pay anytime.
You can also just pay from your checking account through MyAccess.

BoyOhBoyle

New

Post by BoyOhBoyle » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:48 pm

InvalidUsername wrote:
crimson34 wrote:I am section 5 as well
Section 5 also
I'm a little late here, but I'm section 5 too :)

account1

New

Post by account1 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:14 pm

Has anyone gotten off the Gewirz wait list yet?

schmooky

New

Post by schmooky » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Last edited by schmooky on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

account1

New

Post by account1 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:11 am

schmooky wrote:
account1 wrote:Has anyone gotten off the Gewirz wait list yet?
Yes.
When did you find out? Thx.

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:56 pm

What do we think about overall class size? Possibly smaller than last year?

InvalidUsername

New

Post by InvalidUsername » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:39 am

Anyone going to DC reception monday evening 7/14?

If so, how are you getting there?

Smitty7049

New

Post by Smitty7049 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am

InvalidUsername wrote:Anyone going to DC reception monday evening 7/14?

I'll be driving. How about you?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

uncreative

New

Post by uncreative » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:18 am

InvalidUsername wrote:Anyone going to DC reception monday evening 7/14?

I should be there too - also driving.

InvalidUsername

New

Post by InvalidUsername » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:19 am

Driving as well, but looking to carpool, as I'm not a huge fan of showing up at stranger's houses alone

On that note... PM me if anyone wants a ride to potomac. I'll be leaving from downtown around 6pm

theotherone823

Bronze

Post by theotherone823 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:52 pm

Anyone else who has their GULC email account set up in Apple's Mail app having trouble with outgoing mail? I have mine set up and I'm able to receive mail in the app but I can't send anything out.

Bfalcon

Bronze

Post by Bfalcon » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:53 am

BoyOhBoyle wrote:
InvalidUsername wrote:
crimson34 wrote:I am section 5 as well
Section 5 also
I'm a little late here, but I'm section 5 too :)
Hi there Section 5's, congrats! Last year, the Sect 5 profs were considered the top billing of profs, so it should be a good time for you. I'm not sure if they're keeping it the same or not, but I had:

- Mezey (Civpro)
- Spann (Contracts)
- Edelman (ConLaw - this was a smaller class where section 5 was split between 3 profs)
- Girard (LRW - I hear that she's teaching a different section this year: another aside, your lrw will be listed on two days, but you will only attend one of those classes a week)

Spring Semester:

- Gottesman (Torts)
- Mcleod (Crim)
- Tushnet (Property)
- Koplow (ILaw - this is an elective course, you can also take admin law, reg state, ilaw with a different prof, or int'l crim)0
- LRW

Tushnet is prolly the weakest prof there, and a lot of people hated her. Be that as it may, there were good points to her class, and, allthough it is difficult, you can learn a lot from her via email. I ended up doing quite well in it, to my shock. Spann, Mezey, and Mcleod (likely our best prof) are absolutely amazing.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BoyOhBoyle

New

Post by BoyOhBoyle » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Bfalcon wrote:
Hi there Section 5's, congrats! Last year, the Sect 5 profs were considered the top billing of profs, so it should be a good time for you. I'm not sure if they're keeping it the same or not, but I had:

- Mezey (Civpro)
- Spann (Contracts)
- Edelman (ConLaw - this was a smaller class where section 5 was split between 3 profs)
- Girard (LRW - I hear that she's teaching a different section this year: another aside, your lrw will be listed on two days, but you will only attend one of those classes a week)

Spring Semester:

- Gottesman (Torts)
- Mcleod (Crim)
- Tushnet (Property)
- Koplow (ILaw - this is an elective course, you can also take admin law, reg state, ilaw with a different prof, or int'l crim)0
- LRW

Tushnet is prolly the weakest prof there, and a lot of people hated her. Be that as it may, there were good points to her class, and, allthough it is difficult, you can learn a lot from her via email. I ended up doing quite well in it, to my shock. Spann, Mezey, and Mcleod (likely our best prof) are absolutely amazing.
Looks like they must have changed it, because we have Molot for CivPro and Gelpern for contracts for the first semester. Next semester we have Cartens for property, and Gornstein for Criminal Justice. But we still have Gottesman for Torts! Hopefully that's a good thing :)

Bfalcon

Bronze

Post by Bfalcon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:33 am

BoyOhBoyle wrote:
Bfalcon wrote:

- Mezey (Civpro)
- Spann (Contracts)

Spring Semester:

- Gottesman (Torts)
- Mcleod (Crim)
- Tushnet (Property)
- LRW

Looks like they must have changed it, because we have Molot for CivPro and Gelpern for contracts for the first semester. Next semester we have Cartens for property, and Gornstein for Criminal Justice. But we still have Gottesman for Torts! Hopefully that's a good thing :)

That's too bad; a lot of the profs and the administrators from the school remarked about our stacked group of professors. Still. Gornstein is an epic crim prof. Gottesman is quite enjoyable - be sure to call him Santa (he goes by Mike or Santa). Also, if you're looking for an outline, send me a pm and I'll meet up in the fall and get you a good one. There are no laptops alllowed in class, so print your notes in advance, and make sure to engage with him. Definitely a guy to go to office hours for.

On another note, who here has the above professors?

awoodard

New

Post by awoodard » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:27 pm

I've got Spann for contracts. Heard great things about that class.

Bfalcon

Bronze

Post by Bfalcon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:13 pm

He is the bomb. I loved his exams. You end up writing basically 3 sentence answers for his 9 questions. Throw grammar out the window. He loves the rule of 3s (each sentence is divided into 3 clauses via semi-colons). I think I wrote like 800 words for his final!

Basically, Spann is a machine. Starts each class on time. Has break exactly halfway through the class for pretty much exactly 10 minutes. Blazer comes off for the 2nd half of class. Rolls up his sleeves 10 minutes into part two. Starts each class with: "in dickinson v dodds, plaintiff sues defendant for xyz, defendant says xyz...was there a contract??" and then starts taking answers from the class. Each answer, regardless of which side it argues for, he twists around and throws back at you so you end up being confused as to whether the judge is a complete idiot or not. You never really know if he agrees with the holding/doctrine or not. He is teaching you how to manipulate each tool to get the response best for your client. Wonderful prof, don't get bored with him, as each doctrine is necessary for your exam. Also, WRITE DOWN ALL THE UCC AND ORGANIZE IT CAREFULLY!! He won't spend that much time on it in class, but his exam is 75% UCC. You'll have it virtually memorized for the final. Also: do EVERY SINGLE ONE of his 25ish practice exams. And practice with a timer!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CourCour

Bronze

Post by CourCour » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Bfalcon wrote:
BoyOhBoyle wrote:
Bfalcon wrote:

- Mezey (Civpro)
- Spann (Contracts)

Spring Semester:

- Gottesman (Torts)
- Mcleod (Crim)
- Tushnet (Property)
- LRW

That's too bad; a lot of the profs and the administrators from the school remarked about our stacked group of professors. Still. Gornstein is an epic crim prof. Gottesman is quite enjoyable - be sure to call him Santa (he goes by Mike or Santa). Also, if you're looking for an outline, send me a pm and I'll meet up in the fall and get you a good one. There are no laptops alllowed in class, so print your notes in advance, and make sure to engage with him. Definitely a guy to go to office hours for.

On another note, who here has the above professors?
I had Gornstein this year from crim pro. He's an incredible professor and you are very lucky to have him. Pro tip: read, take notes on, & include in your outline the footnote cases.

I also had Gottesman but for property. He's good humored and an enjoyable professor. However, his exam was a beast. Although, torts is less dense than property. But if I could go back I would have started on that outline fairly early because he packs a lot in and tests it.

Londonbear

Bronze

Post by Londonbear » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:05 pm

Anyone have info about Brooks or Butler?

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Anyone apply for the public interest fellows program that is due August 1st. Interested in it, but not sure about what kind of commitment it will be since it seems relatively new?

theotherone823

Bronze

Post by theotherone823 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:49 am

JustHawkin wrote:Anyone apply for the public interest fellows program that is due August 1st. Interested in it, but not sure about what kind of commitment it will be since it seems relatively new?
I've thought about it but I'm not sure I'm going to apply. The requirements (at least 1 PI summer job, pro bono pledge, at least 1 clinic, PI related writing assignment, statutory interpretation class) are mostly all things that I would likely do anyway. The mentoring thing seems neat and a good way to network, but I'm not sure if it's so worth it that I'd take the time to fill out an application. I thought I read somewhere that it guaranteed you summer funding for a PI job but know I can't find that again (maybe I'm confusing it with PILS?).There are other ways to get that funding through the school though. Overall, not sure if it's worth it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”