'Rest of United Stated' Locality Pay

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
yankees12345!

New

'Rest of United Stated' Locality Pay

Postby yankees12345! » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:13 am

Hey y'all,

I'll be clerking in an area that does not have a specific locality rate on the Judicial Salary Plan.

Does that mean I'll just be on the Base Rate? Or is there a 'Rest of United States' locality pay rate that's just lower than the areas listed on the JSP? This website leads me to believe (and hope) its the latter: https://www.federalpay.org/gs/calculator.

Also, do clerks get a pay bump once they hit the one or two years of experience? I'll be coming in with a year and three quarters post-grad experience, and would love to get the bump to JS-13 a few months in.

Thanks!

lavarman84

Platinum

Re: 'Rest of United Stated' Locality Pay

Postby lavarman84 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:28 am

yankees12345! wrote:Hey y'all,

I'll be clerking in an area that does not have a specific locality rate on the Judicial Salary Plan.

Does that mean I'll just be on the Base Rate? Or is there a 'Rest of United States' locality pay rate that's just lower than the areas listed on the JSP? This website leads me to believe (and hope) its the latter: https://www.federalpay.org/gs/calculator.

Thanks!

It's the rest of the United States.

Also, do clerks get a pay bump once they hit the one or two years of experience? I'll be coming in with a year and three quarters post-grad experience, and would love to get the bump to JS-13 a few months in.

If your judge is game, you'll get the bump when you hit two years of experience.

yankees12345!

New

Re: 'Rest of United Stated' Locality Pay

Postby yankees12345! » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:32 pm

Thanks Lavarman84!

Return to “Judicial Clerkships�