Chances for another clerkship Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Chances for another clerkship

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:52 pm

Looking for advice from current/former clerks before I haul off and create 50-100 apps. I graduated with a 3.79 from UT. The school doesn’t rank but I didn’t get order of the coif. I clerked for a flyover district judge right off of school and I’m currently clerking for a mag judge in a more competitive district. In between I was in private practice (writing intensive lit, but not big law). I’d like to continue clerking for my four years before considering returning to private practice. I’m only looking at district judges (mostly anywhere) and mag judges (competitive districts like cd cal or sdny or edny).

Any thoughts on chances or how to make my app stand out? I have a letter of rec from my first judge. But I don’t have anyone to make calls for me or anything.

Anonymous User

Re: Chances for another clerkship

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:24 pm

Unabashed, shameless bump.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”