Bankruptcy SDNY/DE/etc. Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Bankruptcy SDNY/DE/etc.

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:27 pm

Is doing a bankruptcy clerkship still valuable? Would a bankruptcy clerkship in SDNY or DE position me well to be at a firm like Kirkland or Weil or would I need a DCt. clerkship? Would I get firm credit? I'm a HYS grad. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Bankruptcy SDNY/DE/etc.

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:48 am

Yes, yes it will "position you [better]" at Weil/KE without DCt. clerkship, and it depends. Firm bonus, yes. Class advancement depends on firm for bankruptcy clerks but most do (search forums).

OsamaJerry

New

Re: Bankruptcy SDNY/DE/etc.

Post by OsamaJerry » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:11 pm

It will definitely help you get a good associate position at a great restructuring firm. If you want to do restructuring, you should do one of those two clerkships. Those two clerkships are much better than most of the fly-over clerkships.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”