Kavanaugh clerks

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User
Posts: 325798
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Kavanaugh clerks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:12 pm

What happens to Kavanaugh's current clerks, given that he's hired 4 others to bring with him to the Court? Do those clerks have a good chance of being hired by him down the road?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325798
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kavanaugh clerks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What happens to Kavanaugh's current clerks, given that he's hired 4 others to bring with him to the Court? Do those clerks have a good chance of being hired by him down the road?


Good question and no clear answer, but let’s speculate!

- Yes, they have a good chance of being hired by Kavanaugh (or another Justice) down the road. Kavanaugh was one of the most prolific feeders and hired almost exclusively from the very top of YHS. Anyone who had a Kavanaugh clerkship is a competitive SCOTUS candidate.
- For the rest of this term, the normal practice is that when a judge dies or unexpectedly leaves the bench, other judges will try to find a home for the “orphaned” clerks. The other DC Circuit judges may hire these clerks for a future term.
- Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if Kavanaugh’s seat gets filled very quickly during the lame duck. The new judge will need new clerks right away, and there won’t be 4 better-credentialed candidates than the Kavanaugh clerks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325798
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kavanaugh clerks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:09 am

Rumor has it that as many as three of them will be clerking for new-Judge (and Kavanaugh's former clerk) Britt Grant on the 11th Circuit.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325798
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kavanaugh clerks

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:51 pm

one of them went with him per the NYT profiles

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/09/us/p ... lerks.html

Anonymous User
Posts: 325798
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kavanaugh clerks

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:one of them went with him per the NYT profiles

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/09/us/p ... lerks.html

I think that article is saying that clerk had previously clerked a full term for Kavanaugh, not that she went with him from this term.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325798
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kavanaugh clerks

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:one of them went with him per the NYT profiles

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/09/us/p ... lerks.html

I think that article is saying that clerk had previously clerked a full term for Kavanaugh, not that she went with him from this term.


Kim Jackson was with him 2017-2018, she was not one of the incoming 2018-2019 clerks.



Return to “Judicial Clerkships?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.