Summer Job Between Clerkships Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Summer Job Between Clerkships

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:45 am

I have about a 10 week gap between federal clerkships this summer. Not really looking to go back to my SA firm. I’d take a trip but I really can’t afford to. Any tips on available summer associate type jobs for those in my position? Much appreciated!

Anonymous User

Re: Summer Job Between Clerkships

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:20 pm

Between-clerkship SA positions are rare but not unheard of. Maybe not the full 8-10 weeks, but some firms might consider a 4 week SA if they're interested in trying to hire you after your second clerkship. Expect more no's than yes's, but it's worth sending around a few resumes + emails to firms if that's what you want to do.

york1614

New

Re: Summer Job Between Clerkships

Post by york1614 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:34 am

You may have considered this already, but maybe check with both of your judges to see if they have ideas/know of any needs at the courthouse. For example, if you're just looking for a way to spend the 10 weeks and make some money, there's occasionally a need for temporary folks either in another judge's chambers, magistrate judge's chambers, USAO, Fed. PD office, etc. At least I've noticed that more than once at our courthouse in my ~8 months here.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”