Maryland Court of Appeals Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Maryland Court of Appeals

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:00 pm

Does anyone have experience clerking for or applying for a clerkship at the Maryland Court of Appeals? Interested in what the process is like.

Anonymous User

Re: Maryland Court of Appeals

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:21 pm

No centralized process in Maryland -- it's judge by judge. What specific information do you want?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:No centralized process in Maryland -- it's judge by judge. What specific information do you want?
I'm basically looking for non-school promulgated info. I understand how to cross my t's and dot my i's through the process, but wasn't sure how people go about picking a Judge or what things to look for while applying. Basically just general info that I won't hear during my school's webinar.

Also, I have a specific Judge in mind and was wondering what steps you took if you had a particular judge (reading opinions, internet research, etc.)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:11 am

The best information I received was through networking with attorneys and former clerks. Many of them had insights on which judges would provide the type of clerkship experience I wanted, and many of them were able to discern which judges would be and would not be a good fit for me.

If you have a specific judge in mind, talk with former and current clerks to find out what the judge's style is. I did some research into my judge, but my interview was a very casual conversation about law school and future plans. Even though I read an opinion or two, I did not need it. I found that my judge actually never asked questions about things like that or cared to hear about past opinions during interviews.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”