Virgin Islands? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Virgin Islands?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:09 am

Would you be willing to clerk in the Virgin Islands right now? I'm wondering if a clerkship would be worth trying to navigate the safety/power/cell service/housing issues that remain post-hurricanes.

FeelingTerritorial

New

Re: Virgin Islands?

Post by FeelingTerritorial » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:57 pm

I've got friends over there. Most of the things you posted about really aren't issues. The Virgin Islands are physically smaller that Puerto Rico and were able to rebuild faster. Pretty much everyone has had power for a while and housing, albeit more expensive than before, should not be a problem on a clerk's salary. Also, there aren't really any lingering safety issues from the storms (but the Virgin Islands is known for a high crime rate generally). My understanding is that, for the most part, the major lingering issue is that the cable and internet company still has not connected everyone (but cell service, at least for calls and for hotspot at non-peak times, works fine).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”