Clerkship "that big of a deal" from doctor friend Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: Clerkship "that big of a deal" from doctor friend

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 28, 2018 4:04 pm

daedalus2309 wrote:If it really bothers you, the wikipedia article on federal clerkships in the US is actually a good intro for non-lawyers.
LOL linking your friends to a wikipedia article to prove your prestigious because they don't think you are. Yah, that'll make them think you're cool for sure! :roll:

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon May 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Job legal people often do not understand the uoances of the legal profession and associate law jobs with what they relate to. It could simply that they know it’s ky a year long commitment knly and they associate attorneys as being with a law firm or in their own from day 1.

daedalus2309

Bronze

Post by daedalus2309 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
daedalus2309 wrote:If it really bothers you, the wikipedia article on federal clerkships in the US is actually a good intro for non-lawyers.
LOL linking your friends to a wikipedia article to prove your prestigious because they don't think you are. Yah, that'll make them think you're cool for sure! :roll:
cool

Traynor Brah

Silver

Post by Traynor Brah » Tue May 29, 2018 9:43 am

Traynor Brah wrote:this was a pretty cringy thread

GFox345

Bronze

Post by GFox345 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:39 am

Traynor Brah wrote:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BlackAndOrange84

Bronze

Post by BlackAndOrange84 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:39 pm

Traynor Brah wrote:
Especially cringy was necroing it almost two months after it had petered out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:28 am

Who cares?

You shouldn't care. I don't even care about what other lawyers think about me and I believe this is the happier path. There are better things to care about.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Who cares?

You shouldn't care. I don't even care about what other lawyers think about me and I believe this is the happier path. There are better things to care about.

This is it in a nurshell. Unless the person caring is the one who writes the check or is committed to you in another substantial and meaningful way, you should not care what others think about you

lawposeidon

New

Post by lawposeidon » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:28 pm

Doctors have to do four years of intense school with a hard exam a week, then three years of residency, then a fellowship so yeah it's not that big a deal to them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:09 pm

lawposeidon wrote:Doctors have to do four years of intense school with a hard exam a week, then three years of residency, then a fellowship so yeah it's not that big a deal to them.
That and Doctors help sick people feel better and save lives.

Vast majority of attorneys have a similar job function as a CPA, Financial Analyst, Actuary, or Banker - higher paying office work (prepare specialized paperwork or spreadsheets through so company can make money).

A judicial clerk isn't really a higher paying corporate job. But you're not really helping people either, at least no more than any other average government worker (whereas you could argue a Prosecutor/PD has some of this function). You're really just pushing paperwork for the government instead of for a corporation, and for less money.

The prestige is all in the OP's own head. But hey, at least you don't have to deal with crackheads OD-ing in the ER or blood and guts. There's always that. I know I'd way rather spend 8 hours in a comfy office staring at legal documents than doing anything in an Operating Room. One's easy 1st world money, the other actually requires you do tangible stuff.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”