When to tell satellite office about clerkship? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

When to tell satellite office about clerkship?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:58 pm

I'm a 2L at a T-10 and recently accepted a d. court clerkship offer (grades slightly below median). I'll be working in a small satellite office (flyover state) of a biglaw firm this summer. This was the only offer I received during OCI. The firm said they were only looking to hire people who would return after graduation. While the firm does not have a 100% offer rate, the partner in charge said that I would receive a return offer after the summer. When should I tell the firm about the clerkship? I don't want the clerkship to lead to a "no offer," but I'm also concerned about straining relations with attorneys at the firm. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: When to tell satellite office about clerkship?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:42 pm

of course you shouldn't tell the firm about this offer until after you receive an offer to return for graduation. And even then, i would wait about a month after receiving the offer before telling them.

this is not a tough decision

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”