Thank you note after Judicial Internship interview Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Thank you note after Judicial Internship interview

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi,

I had an interview yesterday, and met first with the clerk I'd been communicating with, and then later with the judge and another clerk who I did not communicate with beforehand. I do not know how to spell their name, nor their email. Is it appropriate to email the clerk I'd been communicating with and ask them to send on my thanks to the judge and the other clerk? Additionally, should I address the clerk by first name or last name?

Also, where can I get a list of judges' clerks, so I can figure out how to spell their name?

Thank you!

BansheeScream

New

Re: Thank you note after Judicial Internship interview

Post by BansheeScream » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Their full names will be on a directory called Leadership Directories if you look up the judge you interviewed with. If your school's library doesn't have access to it feel free to PM the Judge's name and I can look it up for you.

edit: I addressed everyone I met during my judicial internship interview in my thank you notes by their first name except for the judge of course. I'm not sure if conventional wisdom is to send a note or not but I did and got the offer the day my note was received.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:28 pm

thank you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:26 pm

BansheeScream wrote:Their full names will be on a directory called Leadership Directories if you look up the judge you interviewed with. If your school's library doesn't have access to it feel free to PM the Judge's name and I can look it up for you.

edit: I addressed everyone I met during my judicial internship interview in my thank you notes by their first name except for the judge of course. I'm not sure if conventional wisdom is to send a note or not but I did and got the offer the day my note was received.
Did you send physical thank you notes? If via email, did you send one to the judge? (I don't have their email)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
BansheeScream wrote:Their full names will be on a directory called Leadership Directories if you look up the judge you interviewed with. If your school's library doesn't have access to it feel free to PM the Judge's name and I can look it up for you.

Did you send physical thank you notes? If via email, did you send one to the judge? (I don't have their email)
I sent physical thank you notes the chambers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I sent physical thank you notes the chambers.
Great, thanks. I decided I'm gonna send an email to the clerk, and physical letter to the judge.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”