New Jersey Clerkships Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

New Jersey Clerkships

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:02 pm

How hard is it to obtain New Jersey clerkships? Like state appellate level. I am top 20% at a TT/TTT in NY and am wondering if it's doable.

Anonymous User

Re: New Jersey Clerkships

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:08 pm

I clerked in the App Div. my first year out of law school in 2014.

It's going to be hard because you'll be competing with all of the Rutgers kids, but definitely not impossible. Rutgers kinda owns NJ clerkships. I suppose, however, it depends on the judge to some extent. I clerked with people who were not from NJ and they did fairly well at TT/TTT schools. If you can show ties, and interview well, you'll have a shot. Just make sure you apply early (i.e. spring for 2019 clerkships--though some may be available for 2018).

Anonymous User

Re: New Jersey Clerkships

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Not hard with your grades.

Plus, there are still some judges hiring, and hiring FAST, for fall 2018. I know someone who applied, interviewed, and got an offer within 4 days in the last couple months.

Apply ASAP

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”