T14 + LR + ok grades? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

T14 + LR + ok grades?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:37 am

I was wondering whether I should even apply to federal district courtships either in the northern district of CA or the central district of CA? I go to a lower tier t14 and have LR. But GPA is 3.39. Thanks!!

Don't know if it helps: I have argued in front of CA COA and wrote briefs for the courts.

Anonymous User

Re: T14 + LR + ok grades?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:19 pm

For my judge in CDCA the grades would be a dealbreaker.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:35 pm

You should definitely apply. Those districts are competitive, but T14 + LR will probably get you through the initial screening in a few chambers. Some judges are sensitive on grades, others not so much. Make sure your writing sample is airtight and apply as broadly as you can.

Graybrow

New

Post by Graybrow » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was wondering whether I should even apply to federal district courtships either in the northern district of CA or the central district of CA? I go to a lower tier t14 and have LR. But GPA is 3.39. Thanks!!

Don't know if it helps: I have argued in front of CA COA and wrote briefs for the courts.
What is a 3.39 on your curve?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”