How does OSCAR work with multiple undergraduate transcripts?

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

How does OSCAR work with multiple undergraduate transcripts?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:18 pm

As in, suppose I went to community college during high school, went to school X freshman year, and then transferred to school Y.

On OSCAR, would I really have to create 3 different grade sheets? Especially if the community college one only has a few classes.

(Please don't quote). Appreciate any help!

mecarey

New

Re: How does OSCAR work with multiple undergraduate transcripts?

Postby mecarey » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:40 pm

You could probably either (1) just use your degree-granting institution or (2) if you feel your grades at the other places were good enough to make you look better, just do a combined PDF with all of them. I wouldn't do separate documents.

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:01 pm

I'd also probably just use your degree granting institution. For most judges, I think the UG transcript primarily provides things to talk about during the interview and gives a more complete picture of you as an individual, so unless you have some wildly interesting community college class or something, it sounds like more trouble than it's worth. (You could also mention it during the interview if the conversation turns to your undergrad classes and activities.)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:17 pm

Thank you both.

Unfortunately, it's not a PDF, but rather a manual entry so it was a bit weird. But I think that makes sense to just use the degree granting institution.

mecarey

New

Postby mecarey » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:01 pm

Ah, my mistake - I completely glossed over the OSCAR part of your post!

If it makes you feel any better, I have transcripts at three different universities but only submitted the grades from my degree-granting institution. It included any transfer credits I had as Pass/Fail grades rather than the letter grade I received from the other university. No real issues.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships�