Bankruptcy Clerkships

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: Bankruptcy Clerkships

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:17 pm

I know this isn't exactly the right place to be asking this question but I figure it's the best place to ask to get a knowledgable response. It's never occurred to me that there's a possibility that I won't be working at a law firm in bankruptcy for the rest of my life following my clerkship until today. What are common exit options open to bankruptcy attorneys?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:54 pm

What are the exit options for a bk clerk coming from the SDTX in the McAllen/Brownsville area. T50 school, Top 20% grades, big law SA. Would exiting to a big law restructuring group in Houston be a likely outcome?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What are the exit options for a bk clerk coming from the SDTX in the McAllen/Brownsville area. T50 school, Top 20% grades, big law SA. Would exiting to a big law restructuring group in Houston be a likely outcome?

You have solid stats so that would help. Problem is you would get little c. 11 experience, and probably zero large c. 11 experience, as those cases are all before the Houston judges.

peter2009

Postby peter2009 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What are the exit options for a bk clerk coming from the SDTX in the McAllen/Brownsville area. T50 school, Top 20% grades, big law SA. Would exiting to a big law restructuring group in Houston be a likely outcome?

You have solid stats so that would help. Problem is you would get little c. 11 experience, and probably zero large c. 11 experience, as those cases are all before the Houston judges.

Jones and Isgur are the only SDTX bankruptcy judges that get any decent sized chapter 11s per a SDTX order, so it will be difficult to go to Biglaw. Look at where your judge's former clerks have gone.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”