state intermediate appellate clerkship in major market exit options?

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Lordhuggington

New

state intermediate appellate clerkship in major market exit options?

Postby Lordhuggington » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:16 am

I'm currently in the middle of a state appellate clerkship in a major market. I worked before the clerkship (prestigious PI). I have no idea what my exit options might be now. Anyone on here have any useful anecdotal information.

Anonymous User

Re: state intermediate appellate clerkship in major market exit options?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:33 am

Lordhuggington wrote:I'm currently in the middle of a state appellate clerkship in a major market. I worked before the clerkship (prestigious PI). I have no idea what my exit options might be now. Anyone on here have any useful anecdotal information.

Here's my slightly stalkerish advice for you. Enter this into Google: "site:linkedin.com" along with the judge's name and the name of the court. The results should show the LinkedIn profiles of other people who have clerked for your judge and what they're currently doing.

I did this a lot when I was applying for clerkships. It's pretty much the only useful thing about LinkedIn. You can also enter in other judges' names on your court and see what their former clerks are doing as well to get a better idea of your exit options. You may want to reach out to some of these people, but don't tell them that this is how you found them.

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:51 pm

I think LinkedIn is probably your best bet, OP. State clerkship outcomes vary a lot by court and judge, so you're going to want to research as specific to your judge as possible. (FWIW, I wouldn't worry too much about seeming like a stalker for using LinkedIn if you decide to reach out - anyone whose info is on LinkedIn has provided that info publicly, usually for the purpose of networking.)

thejaquio

New

Postby thejaquio » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:46 am

What was your class rank/gpa and school rank? Law review, etc? Do you have a good recommendation from your judge? Is he well connected (or where did he work before going to the bench?) These are all things we must know to help?

Return to “Judicial Clerkships�