www.top-law-schools.com

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
andythefir

Silver

Re: Immediate start D Ct clerkship (9 months) - ABQ, NM

Postby andythefir » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:Out of curiosity, looked at a few of this guys recent decisions. JFC. Three solid pages on SMJ standard. Sounds fun!

The other comments prompted me to do the same.

The writing is garbage. Why would anyone in their right mind spend five full pages describing the 12(b)(6) standard in a routine motion to dismiss? The amount of superfluous nonsense and of dicta in each order is impressive.

And half the orders on WL are discovery or evidentiary disputes - a magistrate's bread and butter.

He basically has the docket of a magistrate and district judge at the same time. That's half of the reason for the merciless hours, the other is because he pushes out so much volume on every topic.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:54 pm

I blanketed west coast district judges, was rejected by Browning. His rejection email contains a detailed CV of the people he does pick.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I blanketed west coast district judges, was rejected by Browning. His rejection email contains a detailed CV of the people he does pick.

I remember getting one of those. He figured out a way to turn the rejection letter into an annual project - it's no wonder his clerks work such long hours.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships�