Asking for Recommendations via Email

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Asking for Recommendations via Email

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:46 pm

I'm a recent alum, and asking recommenders in person is likely not doable for me due to my work schedule and location. Is emailing to ask for a recommendation from a prof a big no-no?

RaceJudicata

Gold

Re: Asking for Recommendations via Email

Postby RaceJudicata » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:30 pm

no, but carrier pigeon is better.

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:53 pm

Almost certainly not a problem. You might be asked for a recent copy of your resume or other information, but reaching out by email is fine.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Postby ArtistOfManliness » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:27 pm

E-mail is probably preferred. They will have time to try to remember who you are, what they can write, if they hate you, etc, before responding

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a recent alum, and asking recommenders in person is likely not doable for me due to my work schedule and location. Is emailing to ask for a recommendation from a prof a big no-no?

Same situation. I asked for mine via email and they were happy to write the letters.
Not a problem in the slightest, especially if you've already graduated.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:50 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm a recent alum, and asking recommenders in person is likely not doable for me due to my work schedule and location. Is emailing to ask for a recommendation from a prof a big no-no?

Same situation. I asked for mine via email and they were happy to write the letters.
Not a problem in the slightest, especially if you've already graduated.

Barack, just for the record, this is the judicial clerkship forum, not law school admissions.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post removed...

Postby Barack O'Drama » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:53 pm

Post removed...

Return to “Judicial Clerkships�