D.Ct. Clerk w/ Underwhelming Grades Taking Q's

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: D.Ct. Clerk w/ Underwhelming Grades Taking Q's

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Waterfront_79 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP - first-bump from a fellow middle-of-my-T14 d. ct. clerk (I had experience + connections + PI commitment).

Can you elaborate on your experience? Externship? Real-life, paid work at a firm/gov't agency/state office?

Couple of years at a firm and a desire to follow in the judge's footsteps to do what he did before becoming a judge. Idk why he hired me - my co-clerks are all smarter than me - but I think that had something to do with it.

Waterfront_79

New

Re: D.Ct. Clerk w/ Underwhelming Grades Taking Q's

Postby Waterfront_79 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Waterfront_79 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP - first-bump from a fellow middle-of-my-T14 d. ct. clerk (I had experience + connections + PI commitment).

Can you elaborate on your experience? Externship? Real-life, paid work at a firm/gov't agency/state office?

Couple of years at a firm and a desire to follow in the judge's footsteps to do what he did before becoming a judge. Idk why he hired me - my co-clerks are all smarter than me - but I think that had something to do with it.

Would you mind please PMing me in strict confidence?

Return to “Judicial Clerkships�