Calls to Chambers re: Location Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Calls to Chambers re: Location

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:06 pm

Rising 3L about to depart my 2L SA summer in my target market. I've applied to a few judges in this city but haven't heard anything. Worth it to call chambers here to advise them of my local availability for interview? Or would it be redundant/annoying since the firm/city is listed on my resume?

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Calls to Chambers re: Location

Post by rpupkin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Rising 3L about to depart my 2L SA summer in my target market. I've applied to a few judges in this city but haven't heard anything. Worth it to call chambers here to advise them of my local availability for interview? Or would it be redundant/annoying since the firm/city is listed on my resume?
The judges don't really care that you're currently in the city.

When you have another interview with a judge in the same city/courthouse, other judges might care because it means you might soon be off the clerkship market. But if you're just hanging out in the city and no one has expressed interest in interviewing you, no one is going to care that you're around. I mean, call chambers if you'd like, but it's rather unlikely to help you.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”