Bonus Grab

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Bonus Grab

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:41 pm

How common is it for clerks to do a one-year stint (or less) in big law just for the bonus? I currently work in a tertiary market that doesn't really pay clerkship bonuses. I'm intrigued by the idea of moving to a big firm in a big city to make close to 300k, pretax, for one year of work.

I'm not planning to come back to my current firm, so not worried about that aspect of it, but I would like to come back to this market--just trying to figure out how this may hurt me.

Edited to add: not really sure I'm even competitive for this kind of firm after working in a small market for two years...but I'm hoping a COA clerkship would at least get some bites.

Anonymous User

Re: Bonus Grab

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

OP here: Not sure how to interpret the silence. No one goes to a firm post-clerkship just for the bonus?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:19 am

My co-clerk worked at a V10 for 366 days after clerking. Draw your own conclusions.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My co-clerk worked at a V10 for 366 days after clerking. Draw your own conclusions.

Interesting. I wasn't aware some firms have one-year minimums.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships�