Sorry -- another chance me thread

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Sorry -- another chance me thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:15 pm

HLS, roughly 40-50% H, Secondary Journal Editor, Moot Court, Two publications in law review/journal pending, V3 Summer.
Do I have a shot at SDNY/EDNY? First or Second Circuit would be nice but I'm not expecting it.

Anonymous User

Re: Sorry -- another chance me thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:34 pm

You're better off asking your clerkship office

People on TLS usually totally ignore these kinds of threads

jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: Sorry -- another chance me thread

Postby jbagelboy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:29 pm

Why do people say things like V3? What does that mean? Skadden but not Davis? There's no difference between any of these firms except WRLK

More seriously, I think you are certainly competitive for EDNY and some judges at SDNY, but keep in mind that this will most likely be for several years after graduation--like 2018-19 if you apply now (assuming you're a 2L, or maybe a 3L). IME 2nd circuit clerks tend to have stronger grades but my sample size is admittedly limited to the handful of judges I know well.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships�