District Ct. Clerkship Chances

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

District Ct. Clerkship Chances

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:27 pm

What are my chances at a District Ct. Clerkship?

School: CCN
Grades: Slightly Above Median
Ties: Strong ties in Northeast
Don't care about prestige

If your answer depends on which school I attend, please let me know chances from each school. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: District Ct. Clerkship Chances

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:35 pm

TLS isn't very knowledgeable about anything other than feeder-esque judges so don't expect any long answers

without any further information about you, the best answer anyone can give you is YMMV

rpupkin

Postby rpupkin » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What are my chances at a District Ct. Clerkship?

School: CCN
Grades: Slightly Above Median
Ties: Strong ties in Northeast
Don't care about prestige

If your answer depends on which school I attend, please let me know chances from each school. Thanks!

Your chances are slim, but it doesn't hurt to apply broadly. If you have a recommender who is willing to go to bat for you with a specific judge, definitely take advantage of that. You'll likely need that kind of help with medianish grades from CCN.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Do you want to clerk in the NE? If so, chances are slim to none. Better chances the more flexible you are geographically.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:48 am

A lot of it is luck. What year are you? If you're an incoming 2L, no chance whatsoever. If you're a 3L or recent grad, a lot of districts that hire older students and those with a year of WE will still be interested if you can have a prof make a call. I know someone whose 1L grades were meh but did okay 2L and is probably in the just above median range who got a fed clerkship in the mid-south (TN/AK/WV/KT/ect) for 2017.

grand inquisitor

Postby grand inquisitor » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:09 am

1 in 5

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”