Questions Re: starting the hunt for post clerkship job

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
kaxk

Questions Re: starting the hunt for post clerkship job

Postby kaxk » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:25 am

Hey all,

So I'm starting my clerkship at the end of the month for my state's intermediary appellate court. I was wondering if there's any info on mid-big firms in the NJ/NY area that focuses on hiring clerks? Also, any info on what to put in my cover letter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

jimmythecatdied6

Re: Questions Re: starting the hunt for post clerkship job

Postby jimmythecatdied6 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:43 pm

I think your best resource will be your judge, especially if he came to the bench after private practice. Otherwise, I would start contacting the local firms in which you are interested and ask them: (1) whether they do post-clerkship hiring, and (2) if they do, the appropriate time to send your application. Good luck.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”