Dead in the water?

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User
Posts: 302922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Dead in the water?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:20 pm

I'm wondering what my COA chances are after some recent disappointing news. T14 student, top few percent, but recently landed a secondary journal rather than law review. Any idea on what circuits are foreclosed now? Thanks.

User avatar
rpupkin
Posts: 5635
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: Dead in the water?

Postby rpupkin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm wondering what my COA chances are after some recent disappointing news. T14 student, top few percent, but recently landed a secondary journal rather than law review. Any idea on what circuits are foreclosed now? Thanks.

No circuits are foreclosed based on not making law review.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2980
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Dead in the water?

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:32 pm

rpupkin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm wondering what my COA chances are after some recent disappointing news. T14 student, top few percent, but recently landed a secondary journal rather than law review. Any idea on what circuits are foreclosed now? Thanks.

No circuits are foreclosed based on not making law review.


And you can't judge the competitiveness of a clerkship by what circuit it's in.

User avatar
rpupkin
Posts: 5635
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: Dead in the water?

Postby rpupkin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:44 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm wondering what my COA chances are after some recent disappointing news. T14 student, top few percent, but recently landed a secondary journal rather than law review. Any idea on what circuits are foreclosed now? Thanks.

No circuits are foreclosed based on not making law review.


And you can't judge the competitiveness of a clerkship by what circuit it's in.

Yep.




Return to “Judicial Clerkships”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.