Quick dumb question re updating applications on OSCAR

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Quick dumb question re updating applications on OSCAR

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:01 am

Hey all,

To make a long story short:

1) submitted a whole host of applications
2) found some small-ish errors in my writing sample that I fixed

Should I go back through all of my applications and throw in the new writing sample? Is there any sort of e-mail alert to chambers or something like that generated every time someone updates an application/does it say what was changed?

Would rather not broadcast "hey, my writing sample had errors in it!"

Thanks.

cold_logic

Re: Quick dumb question re updating applications on OSCAR

Postby cold_logic » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:59 pm

A definitive answer to this would be great. For my own part, I will say that the judges I asked said they do NOT receive email updates. I went ahead and fixed errors as I found them; still got interviews. Make of that what you will.

elipad

Postby elipad » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey all,

Should I go back through all of my applications and throw in the new writing sample? Is there any sort of e-mail alert to chambers or something like that generated every time someone updates an application/does it say what was changed?

Thanks.

Yes, I would go in and change the writing sample. No, chambers does not receive an email when an application is updated (thankfully, or else we would be bombarded all day). No, we will not know what you changed (unless we pulled your app, read it, and noticed the changes). The only thing that changes is a little icon on your application heading that would read "U" for updated. If you never update the app, it will have an "F" for finalized. I think we assume that most "U" apps indicate new grades or resumes.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:44 pm

elipad wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hey all,

Thanks.

Yes, I would go in and change the writing sample. No, chambers does not receive an email when an application is updated (thankfully, or else we would be bombarded all day). No, we will not know what you changed (unless we pulled your app, read it, and noticed the changes). The only thing that changes is a little icon on your application heading that would read "U" for updated. If you never update the app, it will have an "F" for finalized. I think we assume that most "U" apps indicate new grades or resumes.

Yeah I think it also goes "U" when career services uploads LORs.

Thanks for the answer.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”