Thank you note after offer?

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Thank you note after offer?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:55 pm

Just received (and accepted) a COA clerkship offer over the phone. Is it customary to send a thank-you note after accepting an offer? Or does that sound dumb? (I previously sent the judge a thank-you note after the interview, and I don't want to seem over the top--although I am over the moon about this opportunity!)

Anonymous User

Re: Thank you note after offer?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:59 pm

I don't think there is any need, but sending a letter confirming your acceptance and indicating how excited you are about the clerkship is fine and not weird. It wouldn't have been seen as weird in our chambers, anyways.

Anonymous User

Re: Thank you note after offer?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I don't think there is any need, but sending a letter confirming your acceptance and indicating how excited you are about the clerkship is fine and not weird. It wouldn't have been seen as weird in our chambers, anyways.

This.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”