Judges Hiring Late for 2015

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Judges Hiring Late for 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:50 pm

Just wanted to check-in -- Has anyone seen movement from the District Court judges that recently posted July/August/September 2015 openings? Just trying to get a read on how fast they would start scheduling interviews if they posted on OSCAR in early February.

BVest

Re: Judges Hiring Late for 2015

Postby BVest » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just wanted to check-in -- Has anyone seen movement from the District Court judges that recently posted July/August/September 2015 openings? Just trying to get a read on how fast they would start scheduling interviews if they posted on OSCAR in early February.

Janis Graham Jack in Corpus Christi, TX (senior status) posted just a couple weeks ago with a start date "on or about July 27." Of course the Texas bar is July 28-30, so if you're taking it you'd want to start at least Aug. 2. Advertised as taking apps between now and early April.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:26 am

Does it actually mean anything on OSCAR when a judge puts "no preference" for class rank?

seizmaar

Postby seizmaar » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:21 am

OSCAR is kind of goofy from that perspective, because it requires you to put one rank for all candidates regardless of school. Our chambers looked at someone in top 25% of some highly ranked schools but didn't go past the top 5 people at other schools. I would imagine the judge is just avoiding that pitfall by putting no preference, but is still going to care a shit-ton about class rank.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:17 pm

BVest wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just wanted to check-in -- Has anyone seen movement from the District Court judges that recently posted July/August/September 2015 openings? Just trying to get a read on how fast they would start scheduling interviews if they posted on OSCAR in early February.

Janis Graham Jack in Corpus Christi, TX (senior status) posted just a couple weeks ago with a start date "on or about July 27." Of course the Texas bar is July 28-30, so if you're taking it you'd want to start at least Aug. 2. Advertised as taking apps between now and early April.

Warning:

http://www.therobingroom.com/Judge.aspx?ID=997

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:51 pm

I don't think the Robing Room is a particularly reliable source.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Anyone hearing anything on this front? I can't believe how much time and energy I've wasted on this pipe dream.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:00 am

I know the wait is long and disheartening, but there is always a sliver of hope. I know my judge hasn't hired (or interviewed) for 2015 yet, despite our posting having gone up....last summer, I think? A long time ago, in any event. There are weird happenstances like this in plenty of courts, you just have to wait them out.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know the wait is long and disheartening, but there is always a sliver of hope. I know my judge hasn't hired (or interviewed) for 2015 yet, despite our posting having gone up....last summer, I think? A long time ago, in any event. There are weird happenstances like this in plenty of courts, you just have to wait them out.

Heh, not sure if you were talking to me, but I'm not bothered by the wait as much as the fact that I probably wasted a *lot* of time on something I probably have no shot at solely by virtue of my unexceptional grades. Oh well, holding out hope.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”