Two year clerkships and return offers

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Two year clerkships and return offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:50 am

2L with an upcoming interview for a two-year district court clerkship. Does anybody have any input whether firms are likely to leave a potential offer on the table for two years? I absolutely want to clerk, but have hesitations regarding my opportunity to come back to my summer firm after that long a time. V5 NYC FWIW.

Thanks all.

Anonymous User

Re: Two year clerkships and return offers

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:37 pm

Not sure how common this is but one of my co clerks is going back to his 2l summer firm after two years of clerking with two different judges.

Lincoln

Re: Two year clerkships and return offers

Postby Lincoln » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:45 pm

Shouldn't be a problem--I know two people who did this--though you might only get credit for the one year.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”