resume question

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

resume question

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Currently applying for coa post d.ct clerkship. My school has a strict no ranking policy. I transferred from a much lower ranked school where every student was individually ranked. Should I indicate on my resume that my current school does not rank or just put my gpa? A met with a clerkship advisor after obtaining my first clerkship when my resume had a line saying "X school does not rank students on the basis of academic performance." She advised removing it. The only concern I have with that is that I do not want some judges that aren't familiar with the grading scheme to think I am somehow hiding the ball by having the rank from my old school and none at my new school. Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: resume question

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:54 pm

I kept it on there for non-alum judges. If it's the school I'm thinking of, there are a number of alum judges (several of whom only hire from the school).

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”