When do you fill out the AO 78? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

When do you fill out the AO 78?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:05 am

OSCAR doesn't ask for one, but I have heard you have to fill one out at some point during the clerkship application process. I have an issue from my past that I do not think will be disqualifying but definitely won't look good either and I am going to have to disclose it on my AO 78 (I admitted to making an error on my government pre-employment paperwork that basically made it impossible for me to keep the job so I had to leave)

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: When do you fill out the AO 78?

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:54 am

You don't fill it out until after you're hired (for me that was about a month before I started work). Not as part of the actual application.

Anonymous User

Re: When do you fill out the AO 78?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:03 pm

OP here. Have you heard of people getting their offers pulled back because of something on the AO 78? Or do you know what it would take at that point? I don't want to think I have a clerkship and then not have a job since it was pulled a few weeks before I start. I am considering not applying at all.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”