Asking Judge to make calls

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Asking Judge to make calls

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:57 pm

Currently in a district court clerkship and am looking at some 2016 circuit court openings. My judge has said he would be happy to make calls on my behalf. I am wondering, for those of you who have been in a similar position, how many calls have you had your judge make?

I plan on picking my top 3 or 4 choices, and having him call them. Does that sound about right? I feel like asking him to make any more calls than that would be burdensome, even though I know you need to cast as wide a net as possible.

Anonymous User

Re: Asking Judge to make calls

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:37 am

One tangential thought: If your judge is also tight with a circuit judge or two, I'd def want him to call his buddy(s). his rec would be much more meaningful there than calling some rando on the top of your list

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”