COA - realistic shot?

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

COA - realistic shot?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:51 am

Midwestern T25ish, top 1-2% of my 3L class, law review e-board / published Note, and I won the internal moot court. Some other softs. DC clerkship lined up in a significant (but not prestigious) East Coast city, then V20 job from my SA--but I'd really like to pursue a COA clerkship (fall of 2016) before I enter practice.

How realistic are my chances, given those numbers?

One of my main hiccups is that my DC clerkship runs through August, and the judge seemed rather firm about not wanting clerks to leave early--so the overlap is kind of inconvenient (i.e., I can't apply to every COA clerkship that pops up because a decent number require earlier start dates than I can commit to).

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”