Prof said I don't deserve my clerkship, what to do?

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: Prof said I don't deserve my clerkship, what to do?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
fats provolone wrote:lol at pretending this could be Y or S

OP here: It could be either S or Y, too. I will neither confirm nor deny this.

Thanks, all, for the tips. This process is absolutely miserable -- to make other students' lives easier, I wish I could out the prof and the school, but I'm not going to do that. At least not right now.

I know you said you won't do that but, seriously, don't do that. It would be a huge mistake. I doubt the professor intended it as an attack on you. When I got my clerkship, one of my recommenders said, "this is a very good outcome for you," with a lot of emphasis on "very." He meant simply that I had somewhat outperformed my credentials (school rank + class rank). In the relationship world this would be considered a compliment--who doesn't want to marry up?

Before using the professor again, you should feel free to tell the professor that you are applying for another clerkship and then ask him if he feels able and willing to write you a strong letter or should you ask someone else.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships�