Emailing a judge I met Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Emailing a judge I met

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:38 pm

I was asked by my law school to speak at an event recently, and after I spoke I had a chance to speak with a federal judge who I sent a clerkship application to last month. We only spoke briefly, but he said I did an amazing job and then asked me what my plans were for after graduation. I told him that I was in the process of applying to clerkships, but I didn't specifically mention that I applied to his chambers (there were a few people around, it would have been weird). Anyways, after I told him that he intimated that I could email him if I had any questions or wanted to follow-up.

So, what the hell do I say in the email?! I want to follow-up and thank him for speaking with me, but I also want to mention that I applied to his chambers and possibly attach an updated resume (maybe the resume is too much). How can I go about doing this without sounding like an overly-eager jackass?

sundontshine

Bronze

Re: Emailing a judge I met

Post by sundontshine » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:32 pm

Just be a normal human being.

"I met you at X and enjoyed speaking to you. I am interested in a clerkship and recently sent in am application to clerk for you. " blah blah blah, I think I'd do a great job

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”