Illinois State Clerkships --> Chicago Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Illinois State Clerkships --> Chicago

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Does anyone know whether trial and/or appellate judges in the Chicago area hire term clerks? If so, how do you apply and what is the timeline for the application process?

Thanks in advance for any info! (note the Vermont handbook wasn't too helpful on this)

Pokemon

Gold

Re: Illinois State Clerkships --> Chicago

Post by Pokemon » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know whether trial and/or appellate judges in the Chicago area hire term clerks? If so, how do you apply and what is the timeline for the application process?

Thanks in advance for any info! (note the Vermont handbook wasn't too helpful on this)
I know for a fact they do. Besides that, I know nothing about timing or how to apply. Have you checked the IL courts site?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:47 am

Pokemon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know whether trial and/or appellate judges in the Chicago area hire term clerks? If so, how do you apply and what is the timeline for the application process?

I know for a fact they do. Besides that, I know nothing about timing or how to apply. Have you checked the IL courts site?
Yes, it wasn't very helpful. I've also tried calling the courts too but can't seem to get much help.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:01 pm

This might be one of those situations where you have to call each judge's current clerk to get good info.

tww909

Bronze

Post by tww909 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:17 pm

check this out. particularly the chicago spreadsheet. the handbook may well have info too but i'm not interested enough to look in it.

https://www.kentlaw.iit.edu/career-prep ... nformation

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”