Where do people end up after Fed. Magistrate J. Clerkship? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Jchance

Silver

Where do people end up after Fed. Magistrate J. Clerkship?

Post by Jchance » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:30 pm

I know there is a lot of threads on MJ clerkship and its worth, but I am curious to know what happen to MJ clerks after. Any ex-MJ clerks here care to share where they ended up after?

arkhamhorror

Bronze

Re: Where do people end up after Fed. Magistrate J. Clerkship?

Post by arkhamhorror » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:59 pm

I am not a MJ clerk, but I know a couple. One of them went to district court in the same courthouse and is probably going CoA in the same circuit afterward. Another is likely going into some sort of public policy-geared job. I don't know any who went biglaw straight out of their magistrate clerkship (not saying it's impossible, just speaking off my anecdotal evidence).

Gold

Post by 84651846190 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:04 pm

I don't know anyone at my biglaw firm who clerked for a magistrate judge. I know a TON who clerked for district judges, obviously.

legalese_retard

Bronze

Post by legalese_retard » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Jchance wrote:I know there is a lot of threads on MJ clerkship and its worth, but I am curious to know what happen to MJ clerks after. Any ex-MJ clerks here care to share where they ended up after?
About to be unemployed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”