Post-interview, pre-decision Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Post-interview, pre-decision

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:07 pm

I had two CoA judge interviews last week (one week ago to the day). I followed my school's post-interview suggestions (namely sending a handwritten thank you letter). What else can I/should I do on my end if anything?

Also, I am trying not to worry about it since at least one of the judges told me she will be completing all her interviews before making decisions but should I be worried that I did not hear anything a week later? What is the typical turn-around time?

Anonymous User

Re: Post-interview, pre-decision

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:08 pm

You're gonna hate to hear this, but it's the same response everyone else is getting to questions like this: it depends on the judge.

I had an interview I'd all-but given up on last year for 14-15, only to get a call a month later saying that I'd made it... into the second round of consideration. (I eventually did not get that job.) Had another judge invite me to fly out ASAP a week after applying, and ding me three days after that. The judge who eventually hired me took about two weeks to get back to me. Your mileage will vary.

Congrats on the interviews, though. Best of luck.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:10 pm

Based on your own situation, you can ask a professor or recommender to call the judge's chambers and put in a good word for you. I know some profs don't like to make calls until you actually get an interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:You're gonna hate to hear this, but it's the same response everyone else is getting to questions like this: it depends on the judge.

I had an interview I'd all-but given up on last year for 14-15, only to get a call a month later saying that I'd made it... into the second round of consideration. (I eventually did not get that job.) Had another judge invite me to fly out ASAP a week after applying, and ding me three days after that. The judge who eventually hired me took about two weeks to get back to me. Your mileage will vary.

Congrats on the interviews, though. Best of luck.
OP here: thank you so much to both of you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”