Connecticut trial-level clerkships Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Connecticut trial-level clerkships

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:16 am

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. Is anyone else up for this? I never thought I would be moving to Connecticut but this really seems like my best shot at post-grad employment right now, and we should have an answer either way in March.

Anonymous User

Re: Connecticut trial-level clerkships

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. Is anyone else up for this? I never thought I would be moving to Connecticut but this really seems like my best shot at post-grad employment right now, and we should have an answer either way in March.
My friend had never even been to CT before and is currently clerking there. She seems to really like it.

But more importantly, you should focusing on getting any job. If this is your only option, take the bird in the hand. Trust me on this.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:15 pm

Nobody else? I think this would be a pretty low stress year/two years, and decent litigation experience, albeit pretty low-paying. Only problem I have is that I have a few other things pending and was told that when they call you in March you basically need to be ready to accept or decline.

objctnyrhnr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:49 pm

I was in a similar situation, gunning for pros, and I withdrew. Couldnt pick 5th choice when I hadnt heard from 1-4 yet. But that's just me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:17 am

objctnyrhnr wrote:I was in a similar situation, gunning for pros, and I withdrew. Couldnt pick 5th choice when I hadnt heard from 1-4 yet. But that's just me.
I guess you felt pretty confident that you could pull off one of those 4? ADA is actually my first choice too, but I've been rejected by all but one office at this point, so I'm thinking if I get the CT offer I'll run that by the DA I'm waiting to hear from and take CT if they don't offer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

objctnyrhnr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
objctnyrhnr wrote:I was in a similar situation, gunning for pros, and I withdrew. Couldnt pick 5th choice when I hadnt heard from 1-4 yet. But that's just me.
I guess you felt pretty confident that you could pull off one of those 4? ADA is actually my first choice too, but I've been rejected by all but one office at this point, so I'm thinking if I get the CT offer I'll run that by the DA I'm waiting to hear from and take CT if they don't offer.
That seems like a good play. I am still going through the DA's office processes, and "hustling" hard. Only 2 offices hire pre-bar, so I am also half prepared to be unemployed for some months.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm also up for this...have you heard anything yet? Waiting on word...

hiima3L

Silver

Post by hiima3L » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:Nobody else? I think this would be a pretty low stress year/two years, and decent litigation experience, albeit pretty low-paying. Only problem I have is that I have a few other things pending and was told that when they call you in March you basically need to be ready to accept or decline.
You shouldn't feel obligated to stick with something you've accepted. If you accept and something better for you rolls around, take it. The judges will have absolutely no problem finding someone to take your spot. But, more importantly, you always need to do what is best for you in a professional situation, especially in this god awful economy.

I am going to preempt the oft-spouted "But judges are different! Don't ever renege on a judge's offer!" advice. That is horrible advice. I don't know why TLS seems to thinks judges be treated any differently w/r/t accepting/declining/reneging a job offer. If anything, you should feel less obliged due to the fact that they will very easily and quickly find a replacement.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:17 pm

I received an offer and accepted. I do appreciate the advice above, and while I am 95% sure I will not end up reneging - because it seems like I will get great experience with great hours, etc. - I will keep one eye open for "better" opportunities as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:30 am

Received an offer and accepted as well. See you out there!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:57 pm

OP here. Has anyone else accepted an offer/had any talks with them about location?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:41 am

I'm still waiting on word…anyone heard anything about location/start date?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm still waiting on word…anyone heard anything about location/start date?
I was told they are calling everyone this week.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SweeneyLaw

New

Post by SweeneyLaw » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Received an offer and accepted as well. See you out there!
Which date in March did you receive the offer? Was it towards the beginning of the month? What was the phone conversation like? What was the clerkship like?

Thank you

AHHHHH

New

Post by AHHHHH » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:21 pm

Anyone hear anything yet?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”