Applying firm post-clerk'p, bt previously call back no offer

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Applying firm post-clerk'p, bt previously call back no offer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:44 am

Quick question,

Before my clerkhsip I had a call back with 2 firms but didnt get an offer. I am now reapplying after my clerkship to these firms. My question is
1) do I mention in my cover letter that I previously had call back with the firm or
2) should I just wait till that Interview and mention that Or
3) should I not mention it all unless it comes up?

ClerkAdvisor

Re: Applying firm post-clerk'p, bt previously call back no offer

Postby ClerkAdvisor » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:Quick question,

Before my clerkhsip I had a call back with 2 firms but didnt get an offer. I am now reapplying after my clerkship to these firms. My question is
1) do I mention in my cover letter that I previously had call back with the firm or
2) should I just wait till that Interview and mention that Or
3) should I not mention it all unless it comes up?

(1) No
(2) No
(3) Yes... but, it probably won't come up... if they bring you in for an interview, it's because they're currently interested in you. That you interviewed with them before really doesn't matter...

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”