Sending updated resume for editorial position on LR?

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Sending updated resume for editorial position on LR?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:17 am

Just found out I got chosen for a non-EIC or ME position at my school's flagship LR. Is it worth mailing an updated resume to judges I've applied to? If so, how should I word the letter?

Anonymous User

Re: Sending updated resume for editorial position on LR?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:51 pm

any thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: Sending updated resume for editorial position on LR?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any thoughts?

D. Ct. clerk here. In our chambers it probably wouldn't matter too much since you're already on LR, and that's the big thing. As for positions, EIC would be one thing, but if you're the notes editor or publication editor it probably wouldn't be the thing that would get you off the pile unless the judge was already interested in your application to begin with. The only thing it may be good for is to serve as an excuse to remind chambers that you submitted applications if you're not hearing anything.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”