Sidley Austin Clerkship Bonus for State Supreme Court? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
emptyflare

New

Sidley Austin Clerkship Bonus for State Supreme Court?

Post by emptyflare » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Title says it all. Does anyone know if Sidley provides a clerkship bonus to clerks of a state supreme court?

Considering applying to only one state supreme court (the state where I will hopefully be practicing, if offered by Sidley), but knowing whether Sidley provides a clerkship bonus (and how much) would help in deciding whether to toss clerkship applications there. I can't seem to find anything on the firm's website, this forum, or Google-searching on this topic.

Thanks in advance.

UnderrateOverachieve

Bronze

Re: Sidley Austin Clerkship Bonus for State Supreme Court?

Post by UnderrateOverachieve » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Judicial Clerkship Bonus? Yes Compensation/progression credit for judicial clerkship? Yes - See more at: http://www.nalpdirectory.com/employer_p ... j2WYC.dpuf

That's for the DC office.

emptyflare

New

Post by emptyflare » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:07 pm

Thanks for the prompt response!

However, I'm not sure whether the clerkship bonus and progression credit listed on NALP include non-federal clerkships.

I've heard that firms (1) provide clerkship bonuses to ONLY federal court clerkships, (2) provide clerkship bonuses to all federal and all state court clerkships, or (3) provide clerkship bonuses to federal courts and state supreme court clerkships (but not state appellate courts or state trial court clerkships).

Thoughts?

Green Crayons

Bronze

Post by Green Crayons » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:39 am

I've never heard of (2), only (1) and (3). It depends on the firm. Why don't you just ask the recruiting coordinator about their position on SSC clerkships? That's what your recruiting coordinator contact is for.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”