SSC Clerkship Issue - Judge is Never Around

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

SSC Clerkship Issue - Judge is Never Around

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:25 pm

SSC here. The judge I work for lives a few hours away from the city where the Court is. He only comes to town 5 or 6 days a month for oral arguments. Both of his clerks are in chambers at the Court, so we only see him a few days month and don't talk to him very often via email or phone. Kind of feeling a little cheated in terms of learning from the Clerkship. Of course I learn new things everyday, but I feel like my judge doesn't mentor us very much as all which is compounded by the fact that he lives a few hours away. Does anyone else have a similar dilemma? How have you dealt with the lack of mentoring?

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”