Lower t14 Transfer student - meh 2L grades Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Lower t14 Transfer student - meh 2L grades

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:00 am

I'm a transfer student into a lower t14 from a lower T2. For a variety of reasons, first semester grades weren't amazing. I honestly don't feel like the grade changes are from transferring up, but rather for a variety of other reasons. Basically, I feel like I can do much better second semester. Would it be better to forget about the 2015 term and wait until end of 2L year when I get second semester grades? Or is the worst that could happen that I get no replies and I wasted my time?

Anonymous User

Re: Lower t14 Transfer student - meh 2L grades

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a transfer student into a lower t14 from a lower T2. For a variety of reasons, first semester grades weren't amazing. I honestly don't feel like the grade changes are from transferring up, but rather for a variety of other reasons. Basically, I feel like I can do much better second semester. Would it be better to forget about the 2015 term and wait until end of 2L year when I get second semester grades? Or is the worst that could happen that I get no replies and I wasted my time?
Assuming your grades hover around top half at t14, u pretty much have no shot at the moment. Even if second semester of 2L can pull ur grades up somewhat, it wont be significant. Best to wait and apply as (toward the end of) 3L or as an alumnus.

Anonymous User

Re: Lower t14 Transfer student - meh 2L grades

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm a transfer student into a lower t14 from a lower T2. For a variety of reasons, first semester grades weren't amazing. I honestly don't feel like the grade changes are from transferring up, but rather for a variety of other reasons. Basically, I feel like I can do much better second semester. Would it be better to forget about the 2015 term and wait until end of 2L year when I get second semester grades? Or is the worst that could happen that I get no replies and I wasted my time?
Assuming your grades hover around top half at t14, u pretty much have no shot at the moment. Even if second semester of 2L can pull ur grades up somewhat, it wont be significant. Best to wait and apply as (toward the end of) 3L or as an alumnus.
Not the OP, but hope s/he doesn't mind if I hijack. I'm also a T2 to lower T14 student but I did well during Fall 2L. School doesn't rank but it's somewhere in the top 5-10%. My only ties are to my hometown and my law school city, both of which are notoriously competitive districts. I'm also only considering A3 clerkships. What are my chances?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”