Emails from COA judges noting receipt of paper application?

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Emails from COA judges noting receipt of paper application?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Is it common for the chambers of COA judges to email you when they've received your paper application? I mass mailed 2 weeks ago and have received several email confirmations that they've received my app. Was wondering if this was standard procedure or if it might bode well for my chances.

- Thx

Anonymous User

Re: Emails from COA judges noting receipt of paper application?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it common for the chambers of COA judges to email you when they've received your paper application? I mass mailed 2 weeks ago and have received several email confirmations that they've received my app. Was wondering if this was standard procedure or if it might bode well for my chances.

- Thx

Same, got one just now also after sending in paper app.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it common for the chambers of COA judges to email you when they've received your paper application? I mass mailed 2 weeks ago and have received several email confirmations that they've received my app. Was wondering if this was standard procedure or if it might bode well for my chances.

- Thx

I received maybe 2 snail mail confirmations about receiving my application. It was much more common to hear nothing, unless you were getting a call for an interview.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Standard procedure for judges varies by the judge. So I'd suspect that email acknowledgments are SOP for those chambers. I just think it would be fairly odd for chambers to acknowledge different applicants differently - it's just not usually how things work (if they liked you enough to treat your app differently I think they'd just ask you to interview). But my direct experience with COA judges is pretty limited, so I could always be wrong.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”