"Top 5%" at HYS

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

"Top 5%" at HYS

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:55 pm

Many judges specify "top 5%" or "top 10%" on OSCAR. Anyone have a ballpark sense of what this means at schools that don't rank, or how judges go about determining whether applicants from those schools meet this criterion? Specifically interested in H, but anything helps really.

ph14

Re: "Top 5%" at HYS

Postby ph14 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Many judges specify "top 5%" or "top 10%" on OSCAR. Anyone have a ballpark sense of what this means at schools that don't rank, or how judges go about determining whether applicants from those schools meet this criterion? Specifically interested in H, but anything helps really.

I think that often is pretty much a form comment and they don't really stick to a strict top 5% or top 10% criteria from schools without ranking. I think they're just signaling they want good grades. You can send me a pm and I can try and hash out some more specifics, if you want, regarding HLS grades/judges/courts.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”