Bar exam for clerks

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Bar exam for clerks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:57 pm

When do most clerks take the bar? My judge offers three possible start dates (June, July, and August). Are most clerks in the same boat? Anyone take the exam in Feb during their clerkship? Right as they finish?

ndirish2010

Re: Bar exam for clerks

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Most take it in July, I'm pretty sure. I'm taking another one this month, but that is only because of the job I recently accepted. I think it would be far better to take it before you start clerking- studying while working is terrible.

A. Nony Mouse

Re: Bar exam for clerks

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Yeah, the only clerks I knew who took the bar in February were taking their second bar exam - they'd all taken an exam in July before starting in August.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”