transfer clerkship questions

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

transfer clerkship questions

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Transfer at HLS. All Hs at HLS thus far. Secondary journal. Any prejudice in chambers against transfers (perhaps too short of a track record at new school)? Also am I competitive for COAs? District Courts in Major Markets? Any tips from current clerks?

Anonymous User

Re: transfer clerkship questions

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm of no use- but am also in a similar position and am curious about my competitiveness for CoA. Was ~top 1% at a T-25, transferred to CCN, and after the fall my grades would place me top 3-5%. Secondary journal, outrounds of moot court at the new school. I have no idea what to expect.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:29 pm

HLS 2013 grad and current clerk. OP, I think you're very competitive for COAs, and have an outside shot at feeders depending on where you transferred from and how your grades were there, faculty connections, etc. I'd ask Kirsten Solberg and your recommenders what they think, but I think you're in a great spot and should apply aggressively.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:HLS 2013 grad and current clerk. OP, I think you're very competitive for COAs, and have an outside shot at feeders depending on where you transferred from and how your grades were there, faculty connections, etc. I'd ask Kirsten Solberg and your recommenders what they think, but I think you're in a great spot and should apply aggressively.

Really? Outside shot at feeders? Based on what I've heard, feeders get so inundated with applications, even HLS non-transfers with nearly all Hs + LR have a tough go of it. Are you currently clerking at CoA? (PS I'm not the OP)

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”