Switching Firms Post-State Supreme Court Clerkship: Grades? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Switching Firms Post-State Supreme Court Clerkship: Grades?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:10 pm

3L here, lower T14, will be doing a state supreme court clerkship for one year post-grad. I most likely will be getting a deferral agreement from my 2L summer firm (mid-sized, same state), but I also want to look into switching firms.

My question: how much do grades matter at that point? Fall 1L was piss poor, spring 1L was median (maybe slightly above), and everything since has been pretty middling (taking into account the lack of curve in most upper-level classes). I'm not looking for anything ultra-prestigious, just a smaller big law shop in the same state (I assume most state supreme court clerkships carry a lot less cachet beyond state borders, though someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”