Clerkship Chances

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Lawperson1

Clerkship Chances

Postby Lawperson1 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:21 pm

Can someone give me some advice on my chances?

I'm Top 15% at UVA
Secondary Journal
Currently a 3L will be working at a firm in DC
Looking for clerkships after 1 year of working.

Do I have any shot a circuit or district clerkship? Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by Lawperson1 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Clerkship Chances

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:29 pm

Sure people at UVA definitely get clerkships with those stats. You probably aren't super-likely to get bites from really competitive districts and circuits, but it isn't going to hurt anything to try. Apply places where you have connections -- that will likely be you best path to success. As a fellow UVA grad I find it hard to believe you can calculate your rank to that specific of a figure, especially 3L year. But it would probably be nice to bump up to top 10% so you can get Coif.

Also, I assume you are looking to start in fall 2015? If so, I would start looking to apply now. Hopefully you have your ducks in a row regarding recommenders. Also, have them make some calls. It goes a long way. Good luck!

Lawperson1

Re: Clerkship Chances

Postby Lawperson1 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sure people at UVA definitely get clerkships with those stats. You probably aren't super-likely to get bites from really competitive districts and circuits, but it isn't going to hurt anything to try. Apply places where you have connections -- that will likely be you best path to success. As a fellow UVA grad I find it hard to believe you can calculate your rank to that specific of a figure, especially 3L year. But it would probably be nice to bump up to top 10% so you can get Coif.

Also, I assume you are looking to start in fall 2015? If so, I would start looking to apply now. Hopefully you have your ducks in a row regarding recommenders. Also, have them make some calls. It goes a long way. Good luck!

Thanks for the help, I used this rank estimator calculator - http://mylsn.info/rank-estimator/ , don't know how accurate it is, but based on the general datapoints, I've heard, I think it's roughly right.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”